Aspen Stairmill 4000
First Degree Fitness Aspen Stairmill 4000
The First Degree Fitness Aspen Stairmill 4000 is compact and offers a better workout than treadmills. This Aspen stepmill is different from your everyday stepper because it simulates the tough exercise of stair climbing better than pedals that move up and down. The Aspen Stairmill offers low impact, non-jarring cardio-respiratory workout. Exercising everyday on the Aspen Stepmill will increase oxygen intake and muscle strength and improved bone density. You can set the pace to any fitness level so you can draw out your full potential.
This drill is specifically designed to help a firefighter candidate pass the first leg of a traditional CPAT, the graded step mill. Most departments use a three to five minute time frame, with a 50 to 75 pound weighted vest. The same drill can also help in the field, lest not we forget what's most important, functionality at an actual fire.There are a few simple rules: No leaning or touching of hand rails other than a brief brush to regain balance, with warnings given There's a brief warm up from a few seconds to three minutes Step pace is about one step per second, or 60 steps per minute Failure to complete the test results in disqualification of the candidate Sometimes used a medical exam, where heart rate is measured If you have access to graded step mill, take advantage of it. Start with a light vest and work up. Letting the body gradually adapt is the safest way to go. For day in and day out training, the following routine can really produce results - even without a step mill or real stairs. Repeat up to three times per weekThe aspen stairmill 4000 works many different muscles: Gluteals especially Medius and Maximus, Piriformis Illio-Psoas, Tensor Fascia Latae, Illio-Tibial Band, Hip Flexors and Trunk Stabilizers.
A StairMill - not a “Stair Climber”
What is it about our love to climb, whether stairs, hills or a mountain, that just keeps us hooked on it? It’s important to know. The designers of the Aspen StairMill asked the same questions as they looked to create a device that emulated the best parts of climbing – how the body performs best naturally, how a mountain challenges us, how to build a green product – so that insight could be designed into a world class indoor apparatus. The payback of climbing is extremely high so as we consider any exercise method, the ones with a high payback – climbing, rowing and cycling - should rise to the top of the list. It’s no wonder elliptical and treadmills are all pointing up as lifting one’s body weight with every step has greater benefits. But do these modified solutions really provide the best indoor alternative? No. Our Aspen Stairmill delivers the most natural stepping motion, with varied resistance levels that emulate a mountain without occupying a mountain of space. Plus, Aspen brings some nice green design aspects as there is no motor, its electro-magnetic braking system is entirely user powered.
- Ceiling height requirement - 2.4m (8’)
- Product size - L 1120mm (44") x W 660mm (26") x H 1730m (68") step depth is 6 inches
- Product weight - 101kg (222lb)
First Degree Fitness Aspen Stairmill 4000 Features:
- Uses more muscles than a treadmill
- Gives a larger range of movement than other exercise machine
- Improves joint flexibility and nutrition
- Improves trunk (core) stability
- Improves balance and coordinationElectromagnetic braking system (no motor) - It is simply the user’s own energy in climbing steps that drives the Aspen StairMill.
- There is no electrical drive motor, which reduces power consumption to a mere 60 watts – the same as a medium intensity domestic light.
- Aspen’s electronics precisely control an electromagnetic braking system, which regulates machine speed, matching the feed rate of steps per minute to the user’s programmed requirement and personal energy input.
- Step lock system - The Step Lock System - employs a photo-optic sensor that will automatically stop the unit if the user exceeds the lower limit of travel. The Step Lock also enables the user to stand still on the stairs while programming workout information in comfort.
- Computer control system - Select from an array of programs or set your own.Tracks time, distance in floors, speed in steps per minute
- Contact heart rate monitor
- Compact footprint – A mountain of a workout without the space requirement. The Aspen Stairmill fits in small apartments, modest rooms, hallways, anywhere you feel convenient because it is significantly smaller than most – if not all - other stair climbing apparatus.
- Transit Wheels make movement easy.
First Degree Fitness Aspen Stairmill 4000 Specs:
- Length: 44 in
- Width: 26 in
- Height: 68 in
- Breaking Resistance: Electromagnetic
- Max Speed: 120 Steps per minute
- Monitor Features: Floors climbed, Calories Consumed, Time, Distance , Speed
- Stairmill Weight: 222 lbs
Aspen Stairmill 4000 Warranty:
- Frame: 5 years
- Non-Wearning Components: 2 years
- All Others: 1 year
Order your First Degree Fitness Aspen Stairmill 4000 from FitnessZone.com today!